POSTPARTUM DOULA TRAININGProviding emotional, physical, & informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby.
Support after Birth
A woman deserves special care during the postpartum time, when she is recovering from birth and learning to care for her baby. Postpartum Doulas fill an important role in providing emotional, physical, and evidence-based informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby. A doula’s role is fluid and changes from day to day depending on the needs of the mother, and can include:
- Offering coping strategies for postpartum adjustment
- Newborn sleep information & family sleep solutions
- Infant care information: diapering, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding assistance
- Nutritious snack and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping (dishes & laundry)
- Infant care so parents can sleep and shower
- Nursery organization & product recommendations
- Running errands for groceries & baby/mama supplies
- Referrals to other professionals if needed
- Babywearing & soothing techniques
Homegrown Babies is hosting a DONA International Postpartum Doula training in the summer of 2017. Details will be released soon complete with registration information. If you are interested in this training or would like more information please contact Jen Chandlee, Director of Postpartum Education and Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Postpartum Services and Education
PCD(DONA). CD(DONA), CLE(CAPPA), ICCE(ICEA)
Jen Chandlee was inspired to become a birth, postpartum, and lactation professional in 1994 after having her first baby. Her extensive background and over 20 years of experience in the field allow her to provide women and their families a wide range of physical, emotional, and educational support offered with an open mind, loving hands, and calm presence. She is certified through CAPPA and ICEA and is currently offering birth & postpartum doula services; childbirth, breastfeeding and postpartum education; and in-home breastfeeding support.