POSTPARTUM DOULA TRAININGProviding emotional, physical, & informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby.
Support after Birth
A woman deserves special care during the postpartum time, when she is recovering from birth and learning to care for her baby. Postpartum Doulas fill an important role in providing emotional, physical, and evidence-based informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby. A doula’s role is fluid and changes from day to day depending on the needs of the mother, and can include:
- Offering coping strategies for postpartum adjustment
- Newborn sleep information and family sleep solutions
- Infant care information: diapering, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding assistance
- Nutritious snack and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping (dishes and laundry)
- Infant care so parents can sleep and shower
- Nursery organization and product recommendations
- Running errands for groceries and baby/mama supplies
- Referrals to other professionals if needed
- Babywearing and soothing techniques
Homegrown Babies is now enrolling for DONA Postpartum Doula Training taking place April 6 – 8, 2018 and August 31 – September 2, 2018. Register online. If you are interested in this training or would like more information please contact Jen Chandlee, Director of Postpartum Education and Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Postpartum Services and Education
PCD(DONA). CD(DONA), CLE(CAPPA), ICCE(ICEA)
Jen Chandlee was inspired to become a birth, postpartum, and lactation professional in 1994 after having her first baby. Her extensive background and over 20 years of experience in the field allow her to provide women and their families a wide range of physical, emotional, and educational support offered with an open mind, loving hands, and calm presence.
She is certified through DONA, ICEA, and CAPPA and is currently offering postpartum doula trainings and support; childbirth, breastfeeding and postpartum education; and in-home breastfeeding support.
Ready to take the plunge?
Find out how Homegrown Babies can assist you in reaching your goals…