Introduction to Childbirth Course for Doulas
This course is designed to meet the learning needs of doulas rather than parents, it covers the basic childbirth information you need to know to get started as a doula. It also meets the childbirth education requirement for certification.
- This course includes greater depth and detailed information applicable to doulas
- It is dynamic with lots of exercises and activities you can do with your clients!
- It includes a manual of handouts to use with clients (electronic and paper).
- It is targeted to your emotional preparation to be labor support professionals.
- We will discuss how to teach concepts to parents during prenatal visits.
It is assumed that participants will have read Pregnancy, Childbirth and The Newborn or The Mother of All Pregnancy Books (2nd ed), and have begun to read The Birth Partner.
What to Bring
- Please bring your own lunch, beverages, and snacks.
- Because people are comfortable at different temperatures, it is a good idea to dress in layers.
- Bring what you need to feel comfortable (pillows, knitting, etc) in a classroom setting.
- Because of potential allergies to other participants, please avoid wearing perfume or essential oils.
Homegrown Babies Doula Trainings take place in beautiful Asheville, North Carolina.
LCCE, CD(DONA), BDT(DONA)
Chama is a fun-loving, energetic and compassionate mom who has been attending births as a Doula in Asheville since 1999 and teaching childbirth classes in since 2002. Chama is a Lamaze Childbirth Educator and a teacher trainer. She is also a DONA International Birth Doula and a Birth Doula Trainer. Her evidence-based Birth with Courage Lamaze Childbirth Classes support families in cultivating the courage it takes to be an active participant in giving birth and becoming a parent.
As a doula, Chama has a vast and experienced professional skill-set that includes excellent communication skills with families, doctors, midwives and nursing staff. She is amazing at suggestions for labor progress, non-pharmacological labor pain coping techniques including hypnosis for birth, mental strategies, breathing strategies, massage, positioning, homeopathy and aromatherapy.
She also offers labor and immediate postpartum photography, and initial breastfeeding support. Chama has been supporting and inspiring women and families for over 15 years to find what they need to feel safe and strong from pregnancy into parenthood.
Ready to take the plunge?
Find out how Homegrown Babies can assist you in reaching your goals…